January 4, 2018 200+ participating restaurants and pubs in Ontario and Québec to serve up brand-new beers weekly starting Feb. 1; weekend festivities at Beau’s all month long
Beau’s Brewing Co. is announcing details today for feBREWary, its annual month-long beer celebration taking place at more than 200 participating restaurants and pubs across Ontario and Québec, as well as onsite at the brewery. Now in its seventh year, the event was created by Beau’s to “give Old Man Winter a kick in the snow pants” during the shortest and often coldest month of the year. Beau’s will release a brand-new beer each week to be tapped at participating feBREWary locations and the Vankleek Hill brewery. Round-trip bus packages to try the new beers at the brewery will be available from Montréal and Ottawa each weekend.
The beer line-up for feBREWary 2018 is both creative and fun, with five different certified organic beers that will pique the interest of the craft beer fan. They are:
· Week 1: Ninho do Corvo coconut robust porter, a luscious dark beer made with toasted coconut and cacao nibs … a collaboration brew with Brazil’s Weird Barrel Brewing (5.6%)
· Week 2: Cherry Revue cherry gose, a tart and tangy fruit beer made with organic cherry juice and a refreshing spray of sea salt (4.5%)
· Week 3: Belgian-style Black Ale, a Farm Table Series beer showcasing roasted chocolate and black malts and a characteristically Belgian spice finish (5.6%)
· Week 4: Do No Evil sake lager, a subtly fruity and wine-like beer brewed with organic rice and barley, then aged on oak soaked in sake (6.0%)
· Week 5: Cavalier Bleu blueberry I.P.A. a generously hopped ale brewed with Azzaca and Mandarina Bavaria hops and organic juice from wild Québec blueberries (6.0%)
Each participating feBREWary partner celebrates the event in their own way, from fun chalkboard art, to tap features or paired menus, to themed events. Of note, in Gatineau on Feb. 25, Bistro l’Autre Oeil will be hosting a feBREWary themed beer-and-food pairing, with a menu prepared by neighbouring restaurant Antonyme.
Beau’s feBREWary also takes place at the Vankleek Hill brewery each weekend, where each new feBREWary beer will be sold in 600 ml bottles. Round-trip bus packages are available for Saturdays and Sundays during feBREWary, and can be purchased from Ottawa or Montréal at the links below. The brewery will have a live DJ, men’s and women’s stein-holding competitions, plus free tours and sampling of Beau’s and Halcyon Barrel House beers.
Saturday – Ottawa / Montréal https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/beaus-febrewary-2018-bus-trip-tickets-41337789441
Sunday – Ottawa https://www.groupon.com/deals/beau-s-all-natural-brewing-co-21
Sunday – Montréal https://www.groupon.ca/deals/beau-s-all-natural-brewing-co-22
Beau’s feBREWary 2018 will again be raising funds during feBREWary in memory of Bryce Elder, a special friend of the Beauchesne family, including a Bryce Day event on March 3. A portion of sales that day will be donated to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada, and Ottawa not-for-profit For Pivot’s Sake.
More details about Beau’s month-long feBREWary celebrations (including where to find the feBREWary beers) will continue to be updated at www.beaus.ca/febrewary.Share:
Original Source Here