Ichtegem’s Grand Cru is a Belgian beer, it has an alcohol content of 6.5%.
A red-brown beer of Western Flanders brewed according to the traditional method with different malt types.
Hopped till circa 18 bitter units with perennial hop from Poperinge. After the main fermentation at a temperature of 18° Celsius, 80% of the beer goes in bright beer tanks at a temperature of 0° Celsius during circa 2 months. The other 20% of the beer goes to the storing tanks where it experiences a spontaneous lactic fermentation that can last up to 18 months. This natural soured beer is fortified with the younger sweeter beer afterwards.Share: