Who We Are: We are a locally owned and operated company in Kenora, Ontario on the northern shores of Lake of the Woods. We brew craft beer and craft coffee! Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to sustainable practices, business growth and development, and building external and internal alliances to support local, fresh, and handcrafted goods and services. We are young and we are growing! Broken Paddle Coffee Roastery & Kitchen and the Brewers Inn is located in Keewatin, with a coffee house, dining service, summer, outdoor patio, and boutique Inn. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is in a repurposed, historic fire hall in downtown Kenora with a Taproom & Eatery, Retail Store, Online Shop, and Commercial Sales – all under one roof.
If you are energetic, a self-starter, a people person, enthusiastic about craft beer and craft coffee, and love small towns, we invite you to join our team!
What This Job Entails: The Assistant Brewer is a full time permanent position. The Assistant Brewer will need flexible hours and weekend availability. Starting wage is $16.00 per hour and commensurate on experience. You will be eligible for health and dental benefits, RRSP program enrolment, opportunity to complete certifications relevant to your position and other employee perks after 3 month probationary period.
Assistant Brewer Responsibilities: Reports to: Head Brewer
- Operates and maintains racking, growler and canning equipment and generating appropriate reports
- Tracks and compiles both ingredient and product inventory
- Build orders, receive shipments, generating associated S&R paperwork and coordinating with the appropriate departments
- Organize and maintain warehouse, cold room and cellar
- Assist in general production cleaning duties
- Assists in Quality Management Program and generating appropriate reports
- Participates in product development
- Conducts administrative duties
Skills and Qualifications:
- Completed secondary education
- Previous experience in brewing industry, food & beverage or manufacturing industry would be considered an asset
- Associated industry tickets and certifications would be considered an asset
- Proficiency or education in mathematics, chemistry and microbiology would be considered an asset
- Proficiency or training in utility mechanics, electronics and small motor repair would be considered an asset
- Required to lift up to 65kg
- Perform organizational tasks and problem solving
- Strong work ethic, punctuality, team work and proactivity
- Will train for the right candidate
Successful Candidate May Expect:
- Start date as soon as possible
If you are interested in this job opportunity and are passionate about working for a cutting edge business, in a growth sector –send a covering letter and resume by emailing [email protected], no phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in Lake of the Woods Brewing Company but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Original Source Here