Who We Are: We are a locally owned and operated company in Kenora, Ontario on the northern shores of Lake of the Woods. We brew craft beer and craft coffee! Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to sustainable practices, business growth and development, and building external and internal alliances to support local, fresh, and handcrafted goods and services. We are young and we are growing! Broken Paddle Coffee Roastery & Kitchen and the Brewers Inn is located in Keewatin, with a coffee house, dining service, summer, outdoor patio, and boutique Inn. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is in a repurposed, historic fire hall in downtown Kenora with a Taproom & Eatery, Retail Store, Online Shop, and Commercial Sales – all under one roof.
If you are energetic, a self-starter, a people person, enthusiastic about craft beer and craft coffee, and love small towns, we invite you to join our team!
What This Job Entails: The Brewmaster is a full time permanent position. The Brewmaster will need flexible hours and weekend availability. Wage starts at $55,000 and is commensurate on experience. You will be eligible for health and dental benefits, RRSP program enrolment, opportunity to complete certifications relevant to your position and other employee perks after 3 month probationary period.
Brewmaster Responsibilities: Reports to: Head Brewer
- Improving and creating unique beer recipes.
- Selecting quality ingredients.
- Cleaning equipment.
- Testing beer and making corrections to processes or ingredients to improve taste.
- Managing people and resources effectively.
- Maintaining accurate records and inventory.
- Building relationships with vendors.
- Operates and maintains filter equipment and performs process transfer tasks
- Performs, records, acts on cellar process measurements of product parameters, maintaining and conducting tasks in the cellar
- Records utility parameter logs
- Performs Krausening tasks
- Assists in Quality Management Program and generating appropriate reports
- Operates and maintains Brewhouse equipment and generating appropriate reports
- Operates and maintains mill, boiler, air compressor, air dryer and CO2 equipment
- Perform general repair and maintenance
- Research, development and laboratory tasks
- Participates in product development
- Manages 10-20 staff members
- Conducts administrative duties and anything else asked by the Head Brewer
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in brewing industry, food & beverage or manufacturing industry
- Training as a Certified Brewer or Master Brewers Diploma, as well as associated industry tickets and certifications
- Required proficiency or education in mathematics, chemistry and microbiology
- Proficiency or training in utility mechanics, electronics and small motor repair would be considered an asset
- Required to lift up to 65kg
- Perform organizational tasks and problem solving
- Strong work ethic, punctuality, team work and proactivity
Successful Candidate May Expect:
- Start date as soon as possible
If you are interested in this job opportunity and are passionate about working for a cutting edge business, in a growth sector –send a covering letter and resume by emailing [email protected], no phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in Lake of the Woods Brewing Company but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Original Source Here