Recipes · November 14, 2023 Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe with Clásico Mexican Lager
Chicken Tortilla Soup with Clásico Mexican Lager
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 yellow onion, diced
– 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 28oz. can of diced tomatoes, drained and rinsed
– 1 15oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
– 1 cup frozen corn
– 2 cups of shredded roBsserie chicken
– 1 tablespoon lime juice
– 1 tablespoon chili powder
– 2 teaspoons cumin
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon oregano
– 4 cups chicken broth
– 1 can of Clásico Mexican Lager
– Crispy corn tortlla strips, for serving
– Shredded Mexican cheese, for serving
– 1 sliced jalapeño for serving
– 1/2 diced avocado, for serving
– Minced cilantro, for serving
– Lime wedges, for serving
1. Add the olive oil to a large pot and heat over medium-high heat. Then, add the diced onion and jalapeño.
2. Cook the vegetables down for 5 minutes unBl slightly translucent, stirring occasionally.
3. Then, reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic. Sauté for one minute.
4. Add the tomatoes, black beans, frozen corn, and shredded chicken. Pour the lime juice in and stir.
5. Combine the seasonings and sprinkle into the pot. Then, pour in the chicken broth and beer before bringing to a boil.
6. Allow the mixture to boil for 5 minutes. Next, reduce the heat and cover. Allow the soup to simmer for 15 minutes.
7. After the allotted time, remove the lid and taste test before removing from heat.
8. Garnish with your favorite toppings and serve with Clásico Mexican Lager!
Note: To make with leftover turkey, simply shred the turkey and use the shredded turkey instead of the shredded roBsserie chicken. Reduce the salt from 1 teaspoon to 1/2 teaspoon and opt for chicken broth with low sodium.
More AleSmith News
Original Source Here