Ready to embrace your new adventure? Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is a locally owned and operated company located in a repurposed historic fire hall in downtown Kenora. This includes a Brewhouse, Taproom & Eatery, Retail Store, Online Shop, and Commercial Sales – all under one roof. Just down the lake in Keewatin, is Broken Paddle Coffee Roastery & Kitchen. We brew craft beer and craft coffee! Brewco is a meeting place, with a very local flavor 8 months of the year and the other 4 months (May-August), it is bursting at the seams with both local and visitor patrons alike.
We are in search of an Events Manager to learn and grow with a young and dynamic company. If you are energetic, a self-starter and enthusiastic about craft beer and craft coffee and would enjoy living in lake country all year round, this might be the ideal opportunity for you!
We offer a unique working environment with a dynamic culture and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Embrace the adventure of relocating to Kenora, Ontario. You will also be eligible for benefits, retirement savings plan and other employee discounts and incentives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a small group of event staff
- Plan annual events and work with different departments for scheduling staff/volunteers at events at which you will engage the public and promote the Lake of the Woods Brewing Company brand (majority on evenings and weekends)
- Will be responsible to create the annual event calendar , assigning projects for the events team and ensuring the events team is staying on track
- Creating an annual budget for events
- Work with Lake of the Woods Brewing Company Beer Advocates on out of town events
- Work with the General Manager of the Taproom & Eatery, Kitchen Manager and Head Brewer for taproom and local events
- Complete marketing and communication for events
- Assist with pre-event planning and post event administration as needed
- Development and management of all Taproom Events including events on the patio, in the Taproom and in the Whiskey Lounge;
- Leading all aspects of the signature events (including but not limited to): Smoke on the Water, BPM, Oktoberfest, and Starry Starry Night;
- Acting as a liaison for industry related events, outside of the Kenora and Lake of the Woods Region, that may include festivals, samplings, tastings, etc
- Staff supervision, training and mentorship
What you will bring to this role?
- Minimum 3-5-years previous experience as a Events Coordinator
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Interest in the craft brewing industry
- An enthusiastic, fun and outgoing personality
- Smart Serve certified
- Ability to self-motivate, maintain sense of urgency, keep momentum
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships.
- Strong communications skills, team player attitude, and task-oriented.
If this opportunity sounds like the right fit for you and you are passionate about working for a cutting edge business who takes hospitality to a new level, please send a covering letter and resume by emailing [email protected]
Original Source Here