What This Job Entails: The Cook position is looking for full time and part time permanent staff. Flexible hours and weekend availability needed. Starting wage $13.50- $18.00 per hour based on experience plus house tips.
Cooks reports to the Kitchen Manager and General Manager. Duties listed below are the minimum requirements, other tasks maybe asked of you. Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Follow a given recipe and quality standard and prepare various food items, including vegetables, poultry, meats, and seafood for cooking using different methods and kitchen equipment such as oven, broilers, fryers and grills
- Stock and manage assigned food station(s) and ensure quality of food served
- Physically inspect and see all food sent from the kitchen and make requisitions for food items and supplies that are needed
- Understand and adhere to company’s policies and processes, cooking methods, standard portion sizes, and kitchen rules and quality standards
- Ensure sufficient amount of food products are stocked and maintained at line stations to facilitate hitch-free service period
- Ensure food products are portioned before cooking by following standard portion sizes and recipe that have been specified
- Ensure work station area, including shelves, tables, grills fryers, pasta, broilers, cookers convection oven, sauté burners, refrigeration equipment, and flat top range are kept cleaned and sanitized always following safety and sanitation policies and processes of the company
- Keep to proper garnish set up and plate presentation for every dish
- Keep food servers informed of ticket times, and attend to orders from guests promptly and efficiently and with a friendly attitude
- Properly store, rotate, and manage all food products following local, state, federal, and company guidelines and procedures
- Help out in food prep tasks during off-peak periods when needed
- Ensure proper closure of kitchen by following kitchen stations’ closing checklist; also, help others to close the kitchen
- Participate in and make suggestions for improvement at employee meetings
- Carry out other duties assigned by the manager on duty or the kitchen manager
Cook Skills and Qualifications
- 2-4 years Kitchen experience
- Grade 12 diploma completed
- Safe food handling certificate
- Culinary education would be considered an asset
- Flexible availability that includes mornings, afternoons, nights and weekends
- Previous experience processing and putting away food orders
- Ability to integrate into a team; working as part of a team
- High level of stamina: ability to work long hours on the feet
- Knowledge of how the kitchen works – equipment, tools and utensils
- Excellent learning skills; ability to keep eyes and ears open in order to learn
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
Successful Candidate May Expect: Start date asap
If you are interested in this job opportunity and are passionate about working for a cutting edge business, in a growth sector –send a covering letter and resume by emailing [email&protected] no phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in Lake of the Woods Brewing Company but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Lake of the Woods Brewing Company are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, medical history, or any other status protected by the laws. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company encourages applicants of all legal working ages.
Original Source Here