Who We Are: We are a locally owned and operated company in Kenora, Ontario on the northern shores of Lake of the Woods. We brew craft beer and craft coffee! Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to sustainable practices, business growth and development, and building external and internal alliances to support local, fresh, and handcrafted goods and services. We are young and we are growing! Broken Paddle Coffee Roastery & Kitchen and the Brewers Inn is located in Keewatin, with a coffee house, dining service, summer outdoor patio, and boutique Inn. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is in a repurposed, historic fire hall in downtown Kenora with a Taproom & Eatery, Retail Store, Online Shop, and Commercial Sales – all under one roof.
If you are energetic, a self-starter, a people person, enthusiastic about craft beer and craft coffee, and love small towns, we invite you to join our team!
What This Job Entails: The Payroll and Benefits Administrator is a full time permanent job. Hours of work are Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm. starting wage is commensurate on experience.
The Payroll and Benefits Administrator reports to the Finance Controller. Duties listed below are the minimum requirements, other tasks maybe asked of you. Availability to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth operation of the finance department.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- collect, compile and enter payroll data using a 3rd party payroll company
- administration of the benefit and pension plans
- process WSIB reports
- review and verify source documents
- calculate and post payroll deductions
- process payroll by established deadlines
- issue statements of earnings and deductions
- reconcile employee deductions
- investigate and correct payroll discrepancies and errors
- update payroll records by recording changes including insurance coverage, loan payments, salary increases
- process new employees, terminations, transfers and promotions
- prepare and print payroll reports of earnings, hours worked, taxes, insurance, leave
- address employee’s pay-related concerns and provide accurate payroll information
- complete requests for pay-related documents including statements and verifications
- produce federal, provincial and local tax payments
- ROE’s and other Human Resources tasks as required
- answering phones
- other administrative duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- 1-3 years payroll or general accounting experience
- experience of payroll processing
- solid data entry skills
- working knowledge of Quickbooks Enterprise, Sage and PayWorks
- understanding of basic accounting principles
- strong numerical skills and accuracy
- understanding of internal controls
- knowledge of federal and provincial payroll regulations and requirements
Successful Candidate May Expect:
- Start date as soon as possible
If you are interested in this job opportunity and are passionate about working for a cutting edge business, in a growth sector –send a covering letter and resume by emailing [email protected] no phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in Lake of the Woods Brewing Company but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Lake of the Woods Brewing Company are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, medical history, or any other status protected by the laws. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company encourages applicants of all legal working ages.
Original Source Here