RecipesUncategorizedSan Diego State Ale Braised Wing RecipeMarch 6, 2023Beer Braised Chicken Wings using San Diego State Ale
Move aside buffalo wings, these San Diego State Ale Braised Chicken Wings are the new it party appetizer of the tournament With a zesty San Diego State Ale infused sauce, it’s near impossible to have just one of these baked wings.
Yield: 15-20 Wings Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 50 Mins
• 2.5 pounds of chicken wings and drumsticks
• 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
• 1 teaspoon cherry smoked salt or seasoning salt
• . cup soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons sriracha
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 can of San Diego State Ale
• 2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1 teaspoon pepper
• . teaspoon salt
• 1/3 cup cornstarch
• 1 tablespoon water
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a cooling rack and line a large baking sheet, then place the rack over the sheet.
2. Rinse the chicken wings in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
3. Combine the pepper and salt in a bowl. Add the wings and toss to coat.
4. Whisk together the soy sauce, sriracha and honey in a pot over medium heat.
5. Slowly add the beer and continue to whisk. Then, reduce the heat to medium-low and sprinkle in the seasonings.
6. While the sauce is simmering, combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Whisk the mixture into the sauce until the sauce has thickened, about 7 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 3 minutes (the sauce will continue to thicken as it cools).
8. Add half the sauce to a large bowl and toss the wings to evenly distribute the sauce.
9. Then, carefully place the wings on the baking rack. Bake for 20 minutes, then turn and bake for another 20 minutes. Broil on high for 2 minutes to crisp up the wings.
10. Allow the wings to cool for 5 minutes before brushing them with more sauce and serving.
Original Source Here