Who We Are: We are a locally owned and operated company in Kenora, Ontario on the northern shores of Lake of the Woods. We brew craft beer and craft coffee! Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to sustainable practices, business growth and development, and building external and internal alliances to support local, fresh, and handcrafted goods and services. We are young and we are growing! Broken Paddle Coffee Roastery & Kitchen and the Brewers Inn is located in Keewatin, with a coffee house, dining service, summer, outdoor patio, and boutique Inn. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is in a repurposed, historic fire hall in downtown Kenora with a Taproom & Eatery, Retail Store, Online Shop, and Commercial Sales – all under one roof.
If you are energetic, a self-starter, a people person, enthusiastic about craft beer and craft coffee, and love small towns, we invite you to join our team!
What This Job Entails: The Packaging Team Member is a full time seasonal position and will need flexible hours and weekend availability. Starting wage is $15.00 per hour and commensurate with experience.
Assistant Brewer/Brewer Responsibilities: Reports to: Head Brewer
- Safe operation of bottling, labeling and kegging equipment
- Troubleshooting and adjusting equipment as needed for smooth operation
- Quality inspection of all packaged products
- General maintenance, cleaning and sanitation of packaging equipment
- Cleaning of kegs and preparation for filling
- Handling chemicals required for cleaning and sanitization
- Other duties as required throughout the brewery
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience in a production environment
- Forklift certification and/or experience is a plus
- Strong mechanical background
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A problem solver with attention to detail
- Work independently and within a team with minimal supervision
- Work well under pressure and at a fast pace
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to handle repetitive work with a positive attitude
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 75 pounds
- Must be willing to work in wet and/or cold conditions
- Available to work long and/or flexible hours and on weekends
Successful Candidate May Expect:
- Start date as soon as possible until September 2018. Position can be extended for the right candidate.
If you are interested in this job opportunity and are passionate about working for a cutting edge business, in a growth sector –send a covering letter and resume by emailing [email protected] no phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in Lake of the Woods Brewing Company but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Original Source Here