Home Spring has Sprung in Toronto! 2019 Toronto Event Guide Spring has sprung in Toronto and we have your 2019 event guide for Toronto. From food shows to fashion shows there is something for everyone in Toronto.
There’s nothing quite like a Toronto spring. Once the city beings to thaw and people come crawling out of winter hibernation every April, the spring events are non-stop, and we can’t get enough. If you’ve had enough of camping out on your couch every weekend, this Toronto spring events guide is for you. From furry-friendly events to fashion-forward entertainment, spring 2019 is shaping up to be one of the best yet and there’s no shortage of ways to get out and explore the six. Get your transit card ready, because with these spring events lined up, we’re betting you’re going to be bouncing all over the city.
1. Barkworks Barkworks is just as fabulous as it sounds: you get to mingle with your four-legged friends at Toronto’s most happening dog festival. With over 40 vendors, free dog training sessions, and a dog-friendly Easter egg hunt (the eggs have dog treats, of course!), you’ll find no shortage of things to do with your doggy pals.
When: April 13
Where: Evergreen Brick Works
2. Fashion Art Toronto Loving dubbed FAT, this yearly five-day fashion festival takes you on a journey of art-influenced fashion, shows, installations, and even short films. Get ready for a sensory trip that blends fashion and art together to redefine your perception of both.
When: April 24-28
Where: Daniels Spectrum
3. Hot Docs Festival Sadly, no hot dogs are involved (unless you count Toronto’s plethora of street meat), but you will find plenty of eye-opening, fascinating documentaries at North America’s largest documentary festival. With over 200 films from Canada and around the world, Hot Docs is perfect for everything from date nights to nights when you realized you’ve watched everything there is on Netflix.
When: April 25-May 5
Where: Various Venues
4. Coffee and Tea Expo If you’re looking for something other than beer to wet your whistle, check out the Coffee and Tea Expo. You’ll get to try out some of the top brews from the city with unlimited samples, experience fun, free workshops like “Tea It Yourself” and “How to be a Barista” (man bun not required), and mingle with some of the best baristas and coffee connoisseurs from the area.
When: May 4-5
Where: CF Shops at Don Mills
5. Tastemaker Toronto Calling all foodies: formerly called Taste of Toronto, Tastemaker is taking over the historic Kiln building at Evergreen Brick Works to titillate your discerning taste buds. Top chefs, mixologists, producers and restaurants come together to serve up their finest offerings for dining, entertainment, and a must-see food market. Eat, sip, and be entertained; what more could a Torontonian want from spring 2019?
When: May 10-12
Where: Evergreen Brick Works
6. Doors Open Toronto As the first city in North America to hold a Doors Open event, Toronto continues the popular (and completely free!) spring events tradition on the last weekend of May. Noteworthy buildings across the city will open their doors to show off their historic, architectural, and cultural significance in a rare opportunity to go behind the scenes of places that are normally off-limit to the public.
When: May 25-26
Where: Significant buildings across Toronto
7. Steam Whistle Biergarten Grand Opening!
May 11th marks the grand opening of our Steam Whistle Biergarten. Located in the Roundhouse, our Biergarten features the best of Bavarian communal feasting culture. In addition to our premium pilsner, the Biergarten boasts a smorgasbord of traditional German eats, like pretzels, schnitzel and roast chicken.
Every event becomes even better when it’s followed by an ice-cold pilsner at your local Steam Whistle brewery. Hit up our daily tours for a fun, spring activity that never gets old or just pop in for a cold one while you’re out wandering the city.
Original Source Here