The cultural soul of Anchorage is apparent in its museums, art shows, galleries, and street art. Colorful murals depicting its historic exploits and marine life testify in favor of the city’s artistic passions. The city is drenched in public art. S Its wildlife and landscape are at the core of its fame, offering skiing and hiking escapades.
The people of Anchorage believe in promoting local talent; shop and restaurant owners offer gallery space to aspiring artists. The craft brew industry in this Alaskan city is every beer lover’s dream, and we know just what to recommend you to get your beer tour rolling.
Scroll down to check our list of best breweries in Anchorage!
Best Breweries in AnchorageConsidering the bold spirit of the city, our list of best breweries in Anchorage includes some stimulating options for thrill-seekers:
Anchorage Brewing Company148 W 91st Ave, Anchorage, AK 99515
(907) 677-2739Anchorage Brewing Company is committed to providing an exciting experience to its patrons, no matter the cost. The brewer, Gabe Fletcher, at this local craft brewery believes in taking risks to achieve the ultimate excellence in their flavors. The rustic interior of this small establishment retains the authenticity of beer tasting. Large wooden barrels around you add to the overall experience and make you believe you are onboard a pirate ship.
The establishment banks on Anchorage’s marine background and provides food for your imagination, using colorful paintings of sea creatures. Each wooden barrel is affixed with a tap providing handcrafted ale, lager, and stouts, including the famous Holy Grail of beers, Bitter Monk (Belgian IPA).
Midnight Sun Brewing Co.8111 Dimond Hook Dr, Anchorage, AK 99507
(907) 344-6653Hailed as the city’s oldest and boldest brewery, Midnight Sun Brewing Co. is part of Anchorage’s cultural asset. This Anchorage business is divided into a craft brewery, offering beer tastings and tours, and a loft restaurant. The establishment serves craft beers designed for the palates. They take inspiration from real-life events and mix it with their craft. Currently, it produces 40 ales and lagers per year, with occasional additions of seasonal varieties.
Although the oldest brew served at Midnight Sun Brewing Co. is their Wolf Spirit Sparkling Ale, the establishment rose to fame for its barley wines and barrel-aged stouts, namely Leche Robusta and Imperial Stout.
King Street Brewing Company9050 King St, Anchorage, AK 99515
(907) 336-5464King Street Brewing Company is a locally owned Anchorage craft brewery offering high-quality ales, stouts, and pilsners. The founders use their state-of-the-art lab to produce flavors that suit the Alaskan palate. After completing a decade in the business in 2021, this small-scale business is ready to venture into greener pastures. The King Street Brewing Company team believes in making their dreams come true through their hard work and is invested in bringing the best craft beer to their customers.
The official website of the company posts tasting room hours. You can choose the slot that suits you beforehand. Try their King Street Pilsner on your visit for a perfect hop balance and malt base. Aside from their year-round beer menu and season specials, the company introduces new flavors via “Beer of the Month.”
Cynosure Brewing144 E Potter Dr Unit E, Anchorage, AK 99518
(907) 563-2966Cynosure Brewing is a small and cozy brewhouse famous for its Belgian-style ale and affable lager selection. This Anchorage establishment facilitates beer tasting and leisure drinking by prioritizing balance in its flavors. The brewers at Cynosure have one goal: to make you crave the next sip of their brews. Anyone with artistic inclinations would appreciate their wall décor, showcasing the artwork of many local artists.
Although the establishment doesn’t offer much to eat, you can always buy a quick meal from the food trucks stopping by on daily rotations. Moreover, the brewery’s official page posts menus from the food trucks daily. Fans of Cynosure’s Raspberry Sour and Potter’s Beer come from beyond SoMiTo District to enjoy their favorite drinks.
Best Breweries in Anchorage With FoodThe best way to experience a city is by tasting its local flavors, and our list of best breweries in Anchorage with food recommends just the right places for you to stop by.
Glacier Brewhouse737 W 5th Ave #110, Anchorage, AK 99501
(907) 274-2739Glacier Brewhouse is your stop to enjoy authentic Alaskan seafood, rotisserie, and roasted meats. This spacious establishment takes inspiration from the city’s fauna population, creating a menu that resonates with the locals. The staff at this cozy brewhouse provides a sociable dining experience bound to make you sigh in contentment. With stoked fires and burnt coals, the warm ambiance of this Anchorage hot spot incites its guests to curl into a ball and fall asleep.
The rustic influences in its interior and handcrafted beers complement its extensive menu. The brewers at Glacier Brewhouse work on-premise and invite you to sample their famous Oatmeal Stout, Bavarian Hefeweisen, and Imperial Blonde. Don’t forget to make reservations beforehand to enjoy a hassle-free dining experience.
49th State Brewing717 W 3rd Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501
(907) 277-7727Staying true to its origins, 49th State Brewing delivers on its promise to deliver an authentic Alaskan environment. What started as a 3-bay bus barn is now a growing business serving craft beer and Bavarian food. Since the founders believe in sustainable living, the establishment’s interior has been repurposed in unique ways; a table carved out of a tree and a cement mixing pit at the center of the seating area.
This local hot spot has pioneered the hugely celebrated Alaskan festival, Augtoberest. Their Solstice IPA has garnered national acclaim after being rated as one of the top 10 IPA on Untappd. Since then, 49th State Brewing has introduced its many varieties.
Matanuska Brewing Midtown2830 C St, Anchorage, AK 99503
(907) 677-2531Matanuska Brewing Midtown has three brewpubs at three different locations in Alaska. Their brewery in Palmer is equipped with 40 barrels and 4 vessels and offers diverse craft beer flavors. Their brewpub in the hub of Anchorage attracts attention for its live music, amazing food, and tasteful beers. If you want to celebrate Alaskan culture, artists, and cuisine, this is where you need to be!
Order their famous Matanuska burgers with a pint of Astro-Phuzz Hazy IPA for an East Coast Punch, or you can immerse yourself in the Alaskan experience with Glacier Blonde and Glacier IPA.
Latest Articles The Best Breweries in Hollywood, FL
The Best Breweries in Augusta, GA
The Best Breweries in Anaheim, CA
The Best Breweries in Arlington, TX
The Best Breweries in Killeen, TX
The Best Breweries in Hayward, CA
The Best Breweries in McKinney, TX
The Best Breweries in Montgomery, AL
the Best Breweries In Irving, TXShare:
Original Source Here