Most people know Bismarck, North Dakota not only as the capital of the state but also for its amazing historic architecture and outdoor adventure activities. But did you know that Bismarck is also home to some of the best breweries in the state?
To qualify as one of the best breweries in Bismarck, there are many qualifying factors you should consider, the most important of these being the beer they have on tap. Keep reading to learn more about these top breweries in this capital city.
If you have been around the beer scene for any length of time, then you know how wildly popular craft beer has become. The state of North Dakota, in fact, has become a mecca for small breweries that offer a variety of different beers.
Bismarck may be more widely known for being the capital city of the state but has also become known for some of the best breweries. Many of these have popped up onto the scene with their insanely delicious and unique flavor combinations that will impress most beer connoisseurs.
If you have never checked out the beer scene in Bismarck, North Dakota, check out this list before you plan your trip. You will not be disappointed.
Laughing Sun Brewery Co.1023 East Front Street, Bismarck, ND 58504
(701) 751-3881If you are looking for a great brewery that also offers a community-friendly atmosphere, great food, and even better entertainment? Look no further than the Laughing Sun Brewery. From the moment you walk in, you get the sense that they support local artists, and take pride in serving their customers the best craft beer and amazing barbeque.
People who often visit Bismarck, ND make the Laughing Sun Brewery Co. a specific part of their trip. This is not only for the lively atmosphere but also for the various amounts of craft beers they have on tap.
While the Laughing Sun features some of the best beers in the city in their taproom, one of the most popular is their Feast Like a Sultan IPA. This India Pale Ale features Munich and Crystal malts, American 2-row barley, with a hint of grapefruit and passion fruit.
Bismarck Brewing1100 Canada Suite #1, Bismarck, ND 58503-1814
(701) 751-8820This craft brewery which is located on the north side of Bismarck is home to some of the best-handcrafted ales and lagers. They also feature a taproom in the loft area of the brewery. While they do not have a lot of entertainment such as television, they do hone in on the community-friendly environment with featured board and card games that are available.
While Bismarck Brewing does not feature a food menu, you can always order your food from the downstairs restaurant, Ale Works. Even though Ale Works also features craft beers, being a sister company allows you to visit two local breweries all in one visit.
Although there are many great handcrafted beers to choose from at Bismarck Brewing, the Doppel Track seems to be one of the most commonly purchased beers. The crafters use 100% Two Track malts to create this full-bodied, malty-flavored concoction that is one of the best of its kind.
Ale Works1100 Canada Ave., Bismarck, ND 58503
(701) 751-8800Downstairs from Bismarck Brewing and the main event at this location sits Ale Works where you can not only find some amazing craft beers, but also some of the best food in town. Open for both lunch and dinner, the restaurant features foods inspired by the Midwest to give it a hometown feel.
In addition to the fantastic food, you can also find some of the best craft beers in the area. The great thing about Ale Works is that after you have your dinner and beer here, you can head up to the taproom at Bismarck Brewing to top off the evening.
A popular brew at Ale Works is the Liquid Lunch, which is a full-bodied, malty beer that is darker due to a longer boil time. While you are having your dinner at Ale Works, you can have the Liquid Lunch from the upstairs taproom to round out your meal.
Gideon’s Brewing Company107 N. 5th St., Bismarck, ND 58501
(701) 751-1044If you are looking for a brewery that has a cozier atmosphere, look no further than Gideon’s Brewing Company. This place features a small taproom, and the veteran owner provides a wide variety of craft beer and hard seltzers.
One of the unique and interesting facts about Gideon’s Brewing Company is that you may not find the same menu each time, since they rotate theirs around. A popular craft beer that they offer, however, is the Red Specs IPA which is known for its deliciously smooth taste.
Stonehome Brewing Company1601 N. 12th St., Bismarck, ND 58501
(701) 751-1445Stonehome Brewing Company is not only home to some of the best food in Bismarck, but they also have some of the best craft beer on tap. From Scottish and Blonde Ale to Wheat Beer and Belgian Dubbel, Stonehome seems to have it all.
Known as one of their house favorites, the Latifrons is a Session IPA which was named in honor of the owner’s father. This full-bodied craft beer is known for its juicy, dry-hopped intense but drinkable taste.
Latest Articles How To Brew Sahti: Delicious and Historic Finnish Beer
How To Brew Dutch Kuit Like It’s 1499
How To Brew the Merriest Christmas Beer
The Best Breweries In Kauai, HI
The Best Breweries in Reno, NV
The Best Breweries in Wichita, KS
The Best Breweries In Vancouver, WA
The Best Breweries In Jackson, WY
The Best Breweries In Greenville, SCShare:
Original Source Here