Elk Grove started as nothing more than a rest stop for miners during the Gold Rush. Now it a family-oriented community is known for its superior quality of life, award-winning schools, first-rate public transport system, and over 90 family parks. Local brewers are popping up around the city, providing the community with bold, flavorful blends that keep them coming back for more.
Breweries that serve some of our favorite brews are Tilted Mash Brewing, Flatland Brewing, and Hungry Pecker Brewing. The ones that also serve food with craft beers are Waterman Brewing Company, The Bank Shot, and Old Town Tap House. However, if you are looking for other breweries, check out our list of the Best California Breweries or better yet, the Best Breweries in America.
Best Breweries in Elk GroveThere is nothing like enjoying a cold beer with friends or after a long day at work. Here we have rounded up a list of places you can find some craft beer that really hits the spot.
Tilted Mash Brewing9175 Union Park Way, Elk Grove, CA 95624
(916) 714-6274This microbrewery is an Elk Grove OG that has become the go-to neighborhood hangout with its laidback atmosphere, open industrial interior with plenty of indoor and outdoor seating. They have a private room, host events, and even have a Photo Booth to bring home some nostalgia.
Various brews with big, bold flavors are available, from malts, lagers, IPAs, sours, dark stouts, and fruity hard seltzers. For someone who is just starting their craft beer journey, Parental Responsibility is a sound introduction. This easy sipping brew is made of Citra hops and has notes of tropical fruits.
For the more seasoned drinker, go for the Enamel Assassin, a crisp, dry double IPA with peach, citrus, and piney notes wrapped up in an intense hoppy aroma. It will overwhelm your senses in the best way possible. Patrons rave about Derrick the Red (a ruby red Irish Red Ale with notes of biscuit and caramel) and Eskimo Brothers ( a sweet milk stout with cold pressed coffee beans)
Flatland Brewing9183 Survey Road Ste 104, Elk Grove, CA 95624
[email protected]Flatland started in 2016 as a passion project with one barrel and a modest tasting room serving creative beer styles. Their innovative interpretations were a hit, winning 2017 Best in Show at the California State Fair. Flatland has grown to a 10-barrel operation, but they still work in small batches. They believe they can get the best when they work with less and high-quality taste is the utmost priority. The sour beers are the specialty, with 24 barrels dedicated to the sour program. They have tasting sessions and brewery tours welcoming patrons to learn more about the operation.
There is an ever-rotating selection available, but nothing beats the sours. Favorites include Beachfront Avenue (a fruited sour with Passionfruit and Tangerine purées), Lemon Squeezy (a lemon meringue pie sour with marshmallows, graham crackers, lemon zest, and Ugandan vanilla beans) and
Family Tradition (an apple pie fruited sour with loads of cinnamon and vanilla).
The ambiance is moodier and a bit darker than you would expect, but sometimes you need a quiet place to contemplate as you nurse your drink. Outside is livelier with lights, tables, benches, and heaters for the cooler nights.
Hungry Pecker Brewing9251 Elk Grove Boulevard, Elk Grove, CA 95624
(916) 858-9320Found in Old Town Elk Grove, this humble microbrewery is a modest community-focused establishment that is comfortable with its laidback, country vibe. They aren’t looking to be the hip kid on the block with an insane number of complicated, over-the-top blends. Hungry Pecker makes classic, traditional beers for the beer lover who wants to feel at home while they sip away their cares.
House favorites include the Red Headed Stranger (a caramelly red ale), No Show Jones IPA ( a Vienna style lager), 7 Spanish Angels (a Mexican-style lager), and Fightin Side of Me (an American lager).
Best Breweries in Elk Grove With FoodIn the mood for a bite to eat while you sip your beer? Here are some comfortable places you can get some delicious food and enjoy the Cali sun.
Waterman Brewing Company9824 Dino Drive Unit 150, Elk Grove, CA 95624
(916) 714-2337Established in 2016, Waterman’s has been serving locals everything from lagers to local wines and ciders. While the inside isn’t particularly family-friendly, the outside has plenty of shaded seating to keep the kids from the indoor buzz. Every day of the week is themed, from Sunday night NFL, to open mic nights, trivia, karaoke, and live music something is always happening to keep patrons entertained.
Popular blends include the Pineapple Express (a pineapple-flavored hazy New England IPA), Georgiana Fog (a hoppy, citrusy pale ale), and Smashed (a double IPA with an intense malty flavor)
The full kitchen provides your typical bar fare: tater tops, pretzels, onion rings, hot dogs, and crispy wings. And hardier options like paninis, pizzas, tacos, and quesadillas. The Chicken Alfredo Pizza is perfect for sharing with friends. It is a loaded flatbread with chicken, bacon, parmesan, tomato, basil, and red sauce paring great with one of the IPAs on tap.
The Bank Shot8535 Elk Grove Boulevard, Elk Grove, CA 95624
(916) 761-9798Bank Shot is where a taproom meets a pool hall. It has a welcoming, upbeat atmosphere with ample seating, air hockey, TVs, a jukebox, and multiple pool tables. This taproom is a great place to hang out.
With a wide selection of local craft beers on tap, you are sure to find one of your favorites. The food is the classic bar grub with onion rings, chicken wings, fries, mozzarella sticks, and chicken tenders. On tap, they have a continuous rotation variety of local craft beers from hazy pale ales, sours, Irish red ales, stouts, and hard seltzer, so you are sure to find something to your taste.
Old Town Tap House9676 Railroad Street, Elk Grove, CA 95624
(916) 686-6655In a historic brick building, Old Town Tap House features Dust Bowl Brewery’s impressive selection of year-round and seasonal beers and seltzers via two 30-tap towers. Popular brews include California Golden Ale, Dirty ’30s (a mild malty pale ale with piney citrus aromas), Confused Therapist (a double hazy IPA with Vermont Ale yeast and pineapple notes), and Hobo Pilsner (a German-style Pilsner).
Located inside the taproom is Wedo’s Kitchen, where you can get a variety of Mexican and American favorites. There are a variety of savory tacos made in blue corn tortillas, quesadillas, nacho platters, steaks, and sandwiches. The Baja Fish Taco is a light tempura-fried rock cod served with pico de gallo, avocado crema, and slaw that pairs well with the tropical flavored IPAs.
There is plenty of indoor seating available with couches and tables spread around, while outside, there is even more seating as well as corn hole, fire pits, fans, and lighting making it a comfortable place to hang out with family and friends.
Latest Articles The Best Breweries in Iowa
The Best Breweries In Murfreesboro
The Best Breweries In Memphis, TN
The Best Breweries In Chula Vista
The Best Breweries in Mobile, AL
The Best Breweries In Rhode Island
The Best Breweries In South Dakota
The Best Breweries in Pennsylvania
The Best Breweries In New York StateShare:
Original Source Here