A picturesque college town two hours from Portland, Eugene offers visitors and locals the best of both worlds. Home to the University of Oregon, surrounded by green hills and the majestic Willamette River running right through it, the city provides the best combination of outdoor recreational activities and a bustling cultural scene.
Eugene has a fantastic up-and-coming craft beer scene that is now grabbing attention from beer enthusiasts all over the US. Many of its breweries include sustainable practices in their brewing process, such as sourcing local ingredients, recycling, using renewable energy, etc. A mixture of traditional and innovative brewing techniques has led to a wide range of eclectic and delectable beer all over Eugene. Give your taste buds a treat and hit any of the seven breweries we have mentioned in our list.
Best Breweries in EugeneWith the city’s stunning views and the breweries’ sustainable practices, Eugene’s breweries are a must-visit to broaden your craft beer horizons. These are the spots to hit when in Eugene.
Alesong Blending and Brewing248 E 5th Ave #25, Eugene, OR 97401
(541) 505-9067Alesong is a true experience as a beer aficionado and a nature lover. The brewery has two locations, and, for the whole experience, it is best to visit both.
The location in the fifth market is a neighborhood brewery ideal for fun times with friends and family. Enjoying a selection of artisan ales on the rooftop patio looking out to the city, this will be one of your more memorable outings.
Alesong’s other location, a tasting room in the countryside, is a grand experience focusing on the main star, the beer. Located in picturesque hills surrounded by lush green pine trees, you can learn about the brewing and barrel-aging process on tour. With a selection of seasonal releases and vintage pours from the tasting room enjoyed by the panoramic views, Alesong delivers a beer experience like no other.
Try their Belgian Golden Ale called Plum in Love for a slightly tart taste and a crisp bright, finish. Made with local Santa Rosa plums, this beer is an ode to the founders’ marriage and good enough to make you fall in love yourself. Also highly recommended is their award-winning Hoppy Saison called Touch of Brett’21. Aged in French oak barrels with an undertone of tropical fruits, it is a genuinely complex yet approachable beer.
Hop Valley Brewing Co.990 W 1st Ave, Eugene, OR 97402
(541) 485-2337Hop Valley has a laid-back and casual approach to brewing, making its products seem fun and inviting. The tasting room has twenty beers on tap, featuring a mix of seasonal favorites and limited edition releases.
The casual vibe of the brewery is further shown in the fact that they have flagship beers, they have a rotating menu of whatever beer is inspiring the founders at the time. In the founders’ own words, the idea was to have no flagship beers just beer that tastes good. Hop Valley is indeed formed out of a love of beer and experimentation. A portion of the sales is also donated to causes near the founders’ hearts, so you know this is one business you would want to support.
Hop Valley has 20 beers available on tap at all times. Try their Blonde Ale or the Citrus Mistress IPA for a beer that packs a bit of a kick.
Coldfire Brewing Company263 Mill St, Eugene, OR 97401
(541) 636-3889Coldfire is a small craft brewery that focuses on small batch brewing. They are motivated by European brewing traditions and add a North-western aesthetic to it by using locally sourced ingredients. Coldfire is a taste of Oregon-inspired and informed by European traditions, making it a must-visit for any beer lover.
Try the Chinook IPA named after the hops taken from Crosby Hop Farms. The beer showcases the complete flavor profile of the hop taken straight from an Oregon farm. This is a must-drink for an authentic taste of Oregon.
Ninkasi Brewing Co.155 Blair Blvd, Eugene, OR 97402
(541) 344-2739Named after the Mesopotamian goddess of beer and brewing, Ninkasi Brewing takes both Beer and Oregon very seriously. The company calls beer a civilization staple and uses locally sourced ingredients to brew the highest quality beverages. A fully independent brewing company focusing on community, Ninkasi is the labor of love of two friends who want people to connect over their pints.
Try their Megalodon IPA Legendary IPA, a mixture of seven different hops. The different flavors merge into a fantastic heavy hitter of a drink you will savor for a while.
Best Breweries in Eugene with FoodMany varieties of craft beer reach another level when paired with the right kind of food. These are the best breweries in Eugene, which provide a hearty menu along with their brewed masterpieces.
Claim 52 Kitchen1203 Willamette St #140, Eugene, OR 97401
(541) 844-0152Claim 52 is a restaurant and brewery that stands apart due to its focus on tropical-themed beers. Though located near the hills, Claim 52 delivers a taste of the ocean, and its ever-evolving selection provides a surprise every time you visit. Sample flights of its drink menu to get the full taste of the experimental beers that Claim 52 specializes in. Their Thicc series, a range of Puree Goses based on tropical fruits, is a delight for the senses.
Try their Rainbow Sherbet Puree Gose with Raspberry, Lime, and Vanilla flavor profiles. Pair it with their Smokehouse BBQ burger to complete the heartiest meal you will have in a while.
The Wheel Apizza Pub390 Lincoln St #101, Eugene, OR 97401
(541) 735-3860The Wheel is, in its own words, Oregon’s premium artisan pizza brewery. The Apizza is a reference to Connecticut-style pizza which the locals call “apizza.” The brewery uses locally sourced ingredients in all their pizzas. They offer a wide range of in-house brewed beer to accompany the pizzas. The brewery takes the much-loved pizza and beer combination to the next level.
Try the Margherita Pizza combined with their Dire Wolf Strong Ale. A classic light pizza with a strong beer is a combination for the ages.
Elk Horn Brewery686 E Broadway, Eugene, OR 97401
(541) 505-8356 Located in the heart of Eugene’s campus culture, Elk Horn is a family-owned gastropub known for its extensive Southern food menu. The pub delivers hearty Southern food and their in-house brewed masterpieces, making it a popular destination for students and visitors. Elk Horn is an experience just for its eclectic Southern meet North-western aesthetic.
Try their Chicken and Waffles for a classic Southern meal. Pair it with their Morning Dew Hoppy Lager to take it up a notch.
Latest Articles The Best Breweries In Escondido, CA
The Best Breweries In Kansas City, KS
The Best Breweries in Kansas City, MO
The Best Breweries in Knoxville, TN
The Best Breweries in Louisville, KY
The Best Breweries in Lubbock, TX
The Best Breweries In Macon, GA
The Best Breweries In Maryland
The Best Breweries in Mesa, AZShare:
Original Source Here