Jersey City is the very embodiment of the melting pot that the United States claims to be. The city’s food and drink scene are as diverse as its population. You can find any cuisine and pair it with the craft beer found in local breweries.
The city also boasts an impressive amount of beer gardens that offer a range of craft beers. Soak a few sun rays and get a little buzzed when in Jersey City with the help of this list we have compiled the 7 best breweries in Jersey City.
Best Breweries in Jersey CityJersey City’s proximity to New York City usually ends up taking the limelight off it. However, the city has its own vibrant and diverse culture which is well reflected in its breweries and pubs. Beer lovers or even people looking to have a great day out can visit these spots in Jersey City and enjoy good drinks and good times.
Departed Soles Brewing Company150 Bay St. #2a, Jersey City, NJ 07302
(201) 479-8578Departed Soles Brewing Company offers an impressive range of craft beers, one they themselves call the cornucopia of beers. Departed Soles sets itself apart from other breweries due to the fact that they produce 100% gluten-free beer. Other craft beers claim to be gluten-free but their claim is dubious due to the fermentation process. Departed Soles claims that all ingredients used in the production of its beers are gluten-free and they never come into any contact with glutenous products.
They also produce another line of beer called the #definitelynotglutenfree beer which is produced separately from the gluten-free one. The brewery’s products therefore can also be enjoyed by individuals who are allergic to gluten or just mindful about their diet. Their tagline claims that their beer is as diverse as Jersey City itself and their wide audience supports this claim. The brewery also has a tasting room that takes bookings.
Their flagship beer is GOODBIPA: Four My Homie and is available in cans and on draft all year round. It is a crowd favorite and there are several raving reviews about its richness and nuance. Another specialty of the brewery and our recommendation is their pumpkin spiced ale called Ghosts of Pumpkin Passed. The beer is a seasonal fall drink and is available during September and October.
902 Brewing Co.101 Pacific Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07304
(201) 430-6208902 Brewing company started out as a one-off experience in an apartment in Hoboken, New Jersey. The name 902 refers to the apartment where it all started. The brewery has now transformed into a major player in the Jersey City craft beer scene.
902 produces all types of beers from IPAs to sours to lagers. It also has a rooftop on its premises that can be booked for private events. It also provides beer trailers with built-in cooling so that its craft beers can be served at any party.
We recommend trying out their Pale Ale True Hoboken for a more classic and clean ale taste. If you are looking for something with a bit more flavor, try the Jersey Blueberry Sour. Made with locally sourced blueberries, the drink adds an authentic Jersey City twist to beer.
New Jersey Beer Co.4210 Tonnelle Ave, North Bergen, NJ 07047
(201) 758-8342Located thirty minutes away from Jersey City in the township of North Bergen, New Jersey Beer Company takes pride in crafting beer for everyone. Technically just outside Jersey City, we believe that this brewery deserves a place on the list as its products echo diversity in true Jersey City fashion.
The brewery claims that its products are not just restricted to beer aficionados but are for everyone. They believe that their drinks can create memories and provide happiness. Their products’ names and packages are all New Jersey-related, showing the company’s pride in its origins.
The brewery has an outdoor tasting room that can be booked. Their products are available all over New Jersey in restaurants, bars, and stores.
Try their Jersey Boys IPA for a classic taste or the Clear Skies and Fireflies Pilsner if you crave something stronger. Sour Gummy Wormz is a sour that pays homage to our favorite childhood treat of Gummy Worms. We recommend trying it for that sweet (and sour) taste of nostalgia.
The Thirsty Quaker492 Monmouth Street, Jersey City, NJ 07302
(201) 659-2304The Thirsty Quaker stands apart from all the other places mentioned on this list as it is both a homebrew supply shop and a brewery. Being Hudson County’s only home brew supply shop, The Thirsty Quaker is a must-visit for hard-core craft beer lovers who are looking to delve into brewing themselves. The shop also has 800+ kinds of craft beer in stock which makes the customers willing to spend hours just exploring the beer.
Best Breweries in Jersey City with FoodIf you are looking to make a meal out of it, Jersey City has fantastic options for places where you can enjoy food along with your craft beer. Here are some places that we highly recommend.
Barcade163, Newark Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07302
(201) 332-4555You might have already guessed the name but Barcade is a gastropub that combines a bar and an arcade. That combination might sound heaven to some and that is the reason Barcade is one of the most popular bars in Jersey City. If you want to chill with a selection of craft ales and lagers while smashing your friend at Donkey Kong, you might want to go to Jersey City. The games, the food, and the beer make it an experience worth having.
Try the El Cubano sandwich along with their seasonal craft beer on tap. Craft Beer, Pac Man, and sandwiches is an experience that you would want in your life.
Smorgasbar3 2nd Street, Jersey City, NJ 07302
[email protected]Smorgasbar is a seasonal outdoor beer garden that is an extension of the food market Smorgasburg. Along with its breath-taking views of the Hudson River and the Manhattan skyline, the bar has plenty of local craft beer on tap to go along with artisanal creations from Smorgasburg.
Smorgasbar is not a typical establishment but it encourages local food and drinks connoisseurs to serve up their creations. These creations also include eclectic craft beer, a lot of which is home-brewed by people. A trip to Smorgasbar in the summer will satiate both the foodie and the beer lover who is looking for new experiences.
Zeppelin Hall and Biergarten88, Liberty View Dr., Jersey City, NJ 07302
(201) 721-8888Zeppelin Hall and Biergarten is a European-style restaurant and a beer garden. The food menu features both American and German classics and they also have 100+ craft beers on tap. It’s a bustling venue that is self-serve. You can also book the restaurant and beer garden for private parties.
Try the restaurant’s sausage platter and combine it with the ales on tap. As a rule of thumb, lighter beers go along well with light meat such as chicken and turkey so your ale of choice should depend on the meat you choose for the sausages.
Latest Articles The Best Breweries in Fort Collins, CO
The Best Breweries in Eugene, OR
The Best Breweries In Escondido, CA
The Best Breweries In Kansas City, KS
The Best Breweries in Kansas City, MO
The Best Breweries in Knoxville, TN
The Best Breweries in Louisville, KY
The Best Breweries in Lubbock, TX
The Best Breweries In Macon, GAShare:
Original Source Here