Most people know San Antonio as being the home of The Alamo and the Riverwalk where you can find some of the most eclectic types of foods and shops in the city. But did you know that you can also find some of the best breweries in this beautiful city?
Keep reading to learn more about some of the best craft breweries in the San Antonio area.
Alamo Beer Company202 Lamar Street, San Antonio, TX 78202
(210) 872-5589Located just minutes from the Historic Riverwalk, Alamo Beer Company features some of the best entertainment and beer on tap in the area. With both indoor and outdoor seating, you will enjoy cozying up at the bar ordering your favorite craft beer, or sitting outdoors having a meal with your family and pets.
While you Alamo Beer Company has many options of craft beer to choose from, one of their most popular is the Davy Bockett. This beer features a crisp finish and a refreshingly light taste and is made from German hops that make up a German-style Helles Bock brew.
Ranger Creek Brewing & Distilling4834 Whirlwind Dr., San Antonio, TX 78217
(210) 339-2282Are you looking for a place you can get both your favorite San Antonio craft beer and specialty whiskey? Look no further than Ranger Creek Brewing & Distilling for some of the most unique and delicious combinations.
If you have trouble deciding which craft beer to try at Ranger Creek, you may want to check out their tours where they offer three different samples. One of the most popular craft beers they offer, if you prefer a sweet-tasting beer, is their Strawberry Milk Stout. A rich chocolate flavor along with a sweet strawberry flavor will leave you wanting more.
Freetail Brewing Co.2000 S. Presa St., San Antonio, TX 78210
(210) 625-6000Freetail Brewing Co. is well known for having some of the best craft beer in their South Presa Taproom. If you are looking to learn more about how their brewing process works, you may want to join one of the many tours they offer.
The brew that keeps people coming back for more is the Bat Outta Helles, which is a pale lager that has a lightly sweetened malt flavor. The finish of this craft beer is said to have a dry hop taste.
Busted Sandal Brewing Company7114 Oaklawn Dr., San Antonio, TX 78229
(210) 474-0330Interested in a brewing company that does what they do and is energy efficient? Busted Sandal Brewing Company may be the perfect choice for you. This is because they brew their craft beers from energy-efficient sources that are renewable.
A fan favorite, the Slippery Rock IPA is available in both the can and on tap, based on your personal preference. With a strong citrusy hop flavor, this IPA is not only smooth but very well-balanced with a touch of caramel flavor to finish it off.
Blue Star Brewing Company1414 S. Alamo St. #105, San Antonio, TX 78210
(210) 212-5506Known as one of the longest-lasting breweries in San Antonio, the Blue Star Brewing Company has located a short distance from the famous Riverwalk. Open since 1996, Blue Star shows its commitment to great-tasting craft beer by continuing to make improvements to its beers.
One of the must-have craft beers on Blue Star Brewing Company’s menu is the Texican, which is made with South Texans in mind. This smooth and easy-to-drink beer is made, like all of their beers, with 100% organic ingredients.
Second Pitch Beer Company11935 Starcrest Dr., San Antonio, TX 78247
(210) 474-0234The Second Pitch Beer Company is not only a family-owned business but is well known for having an atmosphere that is perfect for families. This is because they offer both indoor and outdoor seating with many family-friendly games.
Since Second Pitch is a family-friendly business, they do offer drinks that are suitable for the entire family. However, if you have come for their uniquely brewed beers, you should try the Second Pitch Brutylicious IPA. This beer combines floral aromas with lemongrass to provide a very champagne-type experience.
Weathered Souls Brewing Co.606 Embassy Oaks #500, San Antonio, TX 78216
(210) 274-6824Known not only for their amazingly delicious food and craft beer but Weathered Souls Brewing Co. is also known for being the creators of the “Black is Beautiful” campaign. From the moment you enter the doors of this establishment, you feel a sense of welcome whether you are from the area or not.
The most obvious craft beer worth mentioning for Weathered Souls is the Black is Beautiful in honor of the initiative that is known around the world. Ordering this brew means that 100% of the proceeds go to support causes such as the Know Your Rights Campaign.
Dos Sirenos Brewing231 E. Cevallos St., San Antonio, TX 78204
(210) 442-8138Taking a break from the hustle and bustle of the Riverwalk in San Antonio has never been easier since Dos Sirenos Brewing is just around the corner. You can sit either indoors or outdoors and have lunch or dinner along with your favorite craft beer.
One of the top-rated craft beers they offer at Dos Sirenos is the Zeus Juice, which is an IPA that is known for its hoppy flavor combined with the taste of citrus and passion fruit. While not sweet like some of their other brews, this beer is a local favorite for good reason.
Southerleigh Fine Food and Brewery136 E. Grayson St. Suite 120, San Antonio, TX 78215
(210) 455-5701Located in the historic Pearl District, Southerleigh Fine Food and Brewery is a staple of the San Antonio area. Known for its amazing menu, which was developed by Chef Jeff Balfour, and some of the best craft beers in the area, this brewery is worth a visit.
One of the most popular craft beers on the Southerleigh menu is the Gold Export Lager, which is a traditional German Lager. Known for its smooth taste that is balanced with all the right flavors you would expect from a lager, this is the beer that makes the trip worthwhile.
Black Laboratory Brewing1602 E. Houston St. Suite 109, San Antonio, TX 78202
(210) 370-3442While one of the newest breweries in the San Antonio area, they are quickly becoming a local and visitor favorite. Black Laboratory Brewing is owned and operated by two former chemists who know a thing or two about creating some of the most unique brew blends.
Known for some of the oddly combined ingredients, the Black Laboratory dives deep into the world of chemistry to make some unique combinations. One of the most popular beers that stay on the tamer side of things is the Bindi Blonde Ale which is a stout with the perfect blend of Mexican vanilla and Costa Rican coffee.
Latest Articles The Best Breweries In Vancouver, WA
The Best Breweries In Jackson, WY
The Best Breweries In Greenville, SC
The Best Breweries In Manhattan, NY
The Best Breweries in Brooklyn, NY
The Best Breweries In Phoenix, AZ
The Best Breweries In Queens, NY
The Best Breweries In Savannah, GA
The Best Breweries In Tempe, AZShare:
Original Source Here