The beautiful St. Peterburg, FL, is known for its stunning weather, arts, culture, and yes you guessed it, beer! Better known as the Sunshine City, St. Petersburg is home to some of the best breweries on the East Coast of America and has even been nicknamed ‘The Gulp Coast’ in honor of having over 50 breweries in the area!
So which fantastic watering holes did we frequent and recommend you check out?
Cycle Brewing534 Central Avenue., St. Petersburg, FL 33701
(727) 220-9448Located in central St. Petersburg, Cycle Brewing is a fantastic brewery with which to begin our beery journey. Known for its warm atmosphere and welcoming a cool clientele, Cycle Brewing is certainly a microbrewery with a punch.
The ‘Cream and Sugar, Please’ is a must-try. This stunning beer is a Porter and is perfect if you like your beer with a subtle coffee undertone. It’s full-bodied and will leave you wanting more from this fantastic little taproom.
St. Pete Brewing Company544 1st Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
(727) 623-4837The St. Pete Brewing Company is a great taproom born of a desire to offer beer drinkers a brew that really encapsulates the essence of St. Petersburg.
Check out the St Pete Orange Wheat – an American pale wheat beer with fragrant orange and coriander undertones. This was the first brew produced for paying customers by owners Tom and Michelle and it’s still one of their most popular beers.
Avid Brew Company1745 1st Avenue South, Saint Petersburg, Florida 33712
(727) 388-6756Starting out as a supply store for homebrewers, Avid Brew Company has become one of the most underrated breweries in town. You can still purchase hops and grains from their fantastic little shop, however, the company now boasts a beautiful bar with a range of rotating brews and streams of regular customers.
Their Black IPA is our personal favorite. Featuring fruity, citrus, and floral notes, this beer is ridiculously session-able. It’s hard not to keep drinking it all night!
Green Bench Brewing Company1133 Baum Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33705-1555
(727) 800-9836The Green Bench Brewing Company is walkable from the waterfront and has a fantastic selection of beers, cider, and mead. There’s also a huge outdoor area with a close community feel.
Their IPA is highly recommended by the locals, and we can see why. There’s nothing much better than sitting in a brewery on the Gulf Coast and sipping a smooth IPA!
Grand Central Brewhouse2340 Central Ave., St. Petersburg, FL 33712
(727) 202-6071Grand Central brewhouse is really not one to miss. This is a two-story brewery taproom with a sizeable beer garden, serving beer that is meticulously produced with a portion of proceeds donated to local charities.
We would highly recommend checking out ‘The Peninsula’, a 5.1% German Pilsner that is brewed “The Hard Way” using a double decoction method. This beer is easy to drink with spicy hop flavor, and Old-World flavors derived from its brewing process.
If I Brewed The World2200 1st Ave S, St. Petersburg, FL 33712
(727) 201-4484If I brewed the World is the smallest brewery in Saint Petersburg, but its beers really pack a punch. Their tap list is constantly rotating and certainly veers towards the different and the funky. Trust us, you’ll be so glad you went there.
We recommend trying Pelican Rugbyeer, a beautiful blonde ale that is the official beer of St. Petersburg’s Men’s Rugby Team. Light and sprightly, it’s the perfect pint to enjoy with a rugby win!
The Temple of Beer1776 11th Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33713
(727) 350-3055Temple of Beer is the taproom situated inside the brewing facility The Brutalist in St. Petersburg, and boy is it worth a visit! They feature 20 constantly changing barrels of Florida’s best beer, showcasing some of their most popular in-house beers and some punchy guest ales too.
We’d recommend trying their Blank Czech Pils, a traditional Czech-style pilsner with regionally grown malt, yeast native to Czech and fermented in a lagering tank to best replicate open fermentation. It’s crisp, fragrant and packs a punch.
Overflow Brewing Company770 1st Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
(727) 914-0665Overflow is a real classic St Pete’s brewery. Full of personality, this top brewery is packed with stunning artwork and punchy colors and has a large selection of beer – particularly sours.
You can’t visit Overflow without trying their Origami Aircrafts. Brewed with elderberries, hibiscus blossoms, raspberry and wild strawberry leaves, this 5% Fruiter Berliner Weisse goes down a treat.
3 Daughters Brewing222 22nd St S, St Petersburg, FL 33712
(727) 495-60023 Daughters Brewing is the biggest brewery in St. Petersburg and originated while the two owners were working together at a restaurant. They united their passion for creating unique Craft beer by opening 3 Daughters Brewing and are now one of the fastest-growing regional breweries in Florida.
We highly recommend trying their Bimini Twist IPA. This Indian pale ale is copper in color with a true citrus undertone. The result is a hoppy bitter, perfectly balanced by Munich malts and sweet caramel.
BayBoro Brewing2390 5th Ave S., St. Petersburg, FL 33712
(727) 767-9666Bayboro Brewing Company is one of the newest breweries in town, however, don’t let this make you underestimate them. They offer a wide range of quintessential St. Petersburg brews, and we particularly enjoyed the big arrow outside that says “BEER”!
We love their Full-Bird, a Bayboro take on the classic West Coast IPA. If you like a hoppy beer this one is certainly for you and features notes of Chinnock, Simco, Centennial, and Cascade. Delicious!
Latest Articles The Best Breweries In Virginia Beach, VA
The Best Breweries In San Jose, CA
The Best Breweries In Wilmington, DE
The Best Breweries In Toledo, Ohio
The Best Breweries in California
The Best Breweries In St. Louis, mO
The Best Breweries In Helena, Montana
The Best Breweries In Miramar, FL
The Best Breweries In Rochester, NYShare:
Original Source Here