Welcome to Vancouver, Washington! This charming little city is home to some of the best breweries in the Pacific Northwest. If you’re a beer lover, you’ll be spoiled for choice here. From dark and rich stouts to light and refreshing IPAs, there’s something for everyone. Of course, some breweries and their products definitely outshine others.
The thriving city of Vancouver, WA might be known best for its natural beauty, but if you’re someone who’d rather explore the wonders of beer over natural wonders, then we have the perfect selection of breweries to visit.
In this article, we have listed the top seven best breweries that call Vancouver, Washington home. As you read, you’ll learn what makes each of these locations unique and which brews you can’t miss.
Loowit Brewing Company507 Columbia St, Vancouver, WA 98660
(360) 566-2323If you’re the type of person who not only enjoys quality beer but is also a fan of a “nerdy” aesthetic, then Loowit Brewing Company is an excellent place to start your Vancouver, WA beer ventures. Founded in 2010, this brewery has become a significant force in the Southwest Washing bar scene where locals and visitors alike come together to taste some of the region’s best craft beers.
While you’re entertaining yourself with Loowit’s impressive gaming collection, from retro pinball machines to modern darts, sip on one of their award-winning brews, like the Loowit Lager, the Dauntless Belgian Dark Strong, or one of their comic-book-inspired flagships, namely the Shadow Shinobi IPA or the Robot Overlord Hazy IPA.
Trap Door Brewing2315 Main St, Vancouver, WA 98660
(360) 314-6966Trap Door Brewing is deemed superior when it comes to hazy beers. While they create 12 rotating taps of beer on-site, ranging from ales to stouts to sours and everything in between, hazy has always been a style that this location’s breweries have a particular passion for. Visitors can enjoy the warm outdoor seating and nearby food trucks while they sample the brew of their choice.
When you visit Trap Door, start with Juiced Up, their award-winning American Double/ Imperial IPA with a hazy appearance and strong citrus, pineapple, and mango flavors. Those interested in bolder flavors should consider the Tiger Trap Coffee Stout instead.
Heathen Brewing Feral Public House1109 Washington St, Vancouver, WA 98660
(360) 836-5255Another Vancouver, WA brewery with a profound reputation you’re bound to hear about is the Heathen Brewing Feral Public House. This sizable pub features exceptional outdoor seating, and an extensive beer selection, and even allows you to purchase kegs of your favorite brew to go! The brewery’s experimental flavors pair perfectly with their delicious pub grub, like the Mmmerica Burger or Beer Cheese Soup.
Heathen prides itself on making “progressive ales for the promiscuous palate.” One of its flagships that demonstrates this perfectly is its Transcend IPA. However, if ales aren’t your preferred beverage, we strongly recommend trying one of the brewery’s many ciders, like the Heathen dry cider, or a sour, like the Mojito Sour Ale.
Doomsday Brewing Safe House1919 Main St, Vancouver, WA 98660
(360) 503-7649The founders at Doomsday Brewing Safe House are dedicated to producing new styles with local ingredients to ensure their brews exhibit unique textures, flavors, and characteristics that set them apart from those emerging in the rapidly growing craft beer community. The brewery itself has a very casual and laid-back aesthetic that locals and visitors enjoy when they just want to sip a good beer and relax.
A great place to start with Doomsday’s beer selection would be their Agent Orange IPA, a northwest-style IPA that features Simcoe and Citra hops paired with a tropical, fruity bitterness. If it’s in season, we also highly recommend sampling their Beatdown Beet Wheat. This unique brew is a blend of pale and wheat grains and provides a light, crisp drinking experience despite its beety/earthy flavors.
Fortside Brewing Company2200 NE Andresen Rd, Vancouver, WA 98661
(360) 524-4692Fortside Brewing Company strives to strengthen craft beer culture in Southwest Washington and provide brews with outstanding flavors and aromas. You’ll find their most popular creations available in stores all over Portland and Vancouver. Their tasting room is spacious, rustic, and pet friendly (for those of you who love to bring your furry family member with you on your beer-tasting adventures).
If you’re someone who is visiting breweries to try and get into craft beers more, a safe choice that locals love is the Orange Whip. This APA is made with ample El Dorado and Mosaic hops, resulting in a juicy orange, tangerine, and grapefruit flavor and a tropical aroma.
Brothers Cascadia Brewing9811 NE 15th Ave, Vancouver, WA 98665
(360) 718-8927Brothers Cascadia Brewing is a microbrewery that provides consistently delicious brews and food options. Its reliability, exceptional staff, and welcoming venue aesthetic are what drive many to deem it the best brewery in the region.
Arguably the most popular and highly recommended brew you’ll find in Brothers Cascadia Brewing is their Best Day Ever IPA. This is a great starter beer that features juicy aromas, and a smooth and light body with gentle hints of bitterness. A close second would be their Bold as Love IPA, but they also have an exceptional selection of seasonal beers you’ll want to try before you leave town.
Ghost Runners Brewery and Kitchen4216 NE Minnehaha St #108, Vancouver, WA 98661
(360) 989-3912A hidden gem amongst Vancouver, WA breweries that you could easily miss accidentally is the Ghost Runners Brewery and Kitchen. Like many other microbreweries, Ghost Runners started from simple beginnings when Jeff Seibel built it on his home property and spent years perfecting the art of crafting exceptional beers from scratch.
While you’re waiting for a delicious craft-style pizza, sip their bold and bitter 5K IPA, which features notes of pine, orange, and grapefruit. Follow that up with their unique Raspberry Gose, Chasing Fluffy Pink Unicorns, a brew that guarantees to provide an experience just as interesting as its name.
Latest Articles The Best Breweries In Jackson, WY
The Best Breweries In Greenville, SC
The Best Breweries In Manhattan, NY
The Best Breweries in Brooklyn, NY
The Best Breweries In Phoenix, AZ
The Best Breweries In Queens, NY
The Best Breweries In San Antonio, TX
The Best Breweries In Savannah, GA
The Best Breweries In Tempe, AZShare:
Original Source Here